Announcement regarding transparent heater-equipped prototype lens covers for in-car cameras
NoticeJanuary 12, 2018
Geomatec has been selected to provide transparent heater-equipped lens covers for the in-car camera monitor system that will be developed and exhibited by UKC Holdings (*) at Automotive World 2018.
Depending on weather conditions, the lenses of in-car cameras are subject to clouding or dew condensation, all of which can reduce image clarity.
In order to maintain a quality image, Geomatec were thus tasked with reducing clouding or condensation.
By developing a lens cover that is equipped with a transparent heater, enabling it to generate heat through electric charge, Geomatec and UKC Holdings were able to realize a system for reducing clouding and condensation. Details below.
1. Lens covers equipped with transparent heaters
- By fitting the surface of the lens with a transparent electrode, it can generate heat via electric charge.
- The heat eliminates dew condensation or clouding due to changes in humidity and temperature.
- The heat level can be set to match the environment in which the camera will be used.
- The cover is highly transparent and will not adversely effect high quality color images.
2. Future outlook
At present, the release of this technology will have only a minor effect on our earnings. If it becomes necessary, at any point, to revise our earnings estimates, we will move quickly to disclose all relevant information.
UKC Holdings (Restar Holdings Corporation)
Headquarters: East Tower 15 Fl, Gate City Osaki 1-11-2 Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
President and Ceo: Nobuki Kurita
Please feel free to contact us for any further questions.Contact Us